Environment & Leisure Committee
The Environment Committee, comprising of both elected councillors and co-opted members, meets six times a year.
Environment Committee Remit
- To preserve and maintain the Village Green.
- To preserve and maintain the Meadow Road Island.
- To ensure that all other existing open spaces and greens within the village are protected.
- To assist and encourage the maintenance of flowerbeds.
- To work for a reduction in levels of vandalism, graffiti, litter and pollution.
- To promote the improvement of village amenities.
- To encourage the recycling of resources whenever practicable.
- To promote good management of trees, hedgerows, woodlands, streams, ponds and other natural features.
- To assist and encourage the maintenance of common land in and around Claygate for the recreational use and enjoyment of the public.
- To encourage the sensitive management of open spaces and road verges
- To encourage the management and protection of flora and fauna.
- To keep residents informed and aware of local environmental issues.
- To oversee the maintenance of the Highway Garden Sites and other similar sites as agreed in the contract with Elmbridge Borough Council.
- To ensure the effectiveness and value for money of services being provided by Elmbridge BC and Surrey CC in relation to any of the above.
- To respond to public consultation on environmental issues which affect Claygate.
Updated August 2006
Updated June 2007
Amended June 2008
Amended May 2010
Amended June 2012
Reviewed June 2014
Amended February 2016