The Parade in Claygate short-listed in national competition to win share of £100,000
This year’s competition to find Britain's best High Street saw 900 entries across 14 categories and we are pleased to say that Claygate has been shortlisted as one of the top 3 in the local centres/parade of shops category.
The other two finalists are The Pantiles in Royal Tunbridge Wells and Hoole, a suburb of Chester.
What does being a finalist mean?
It means that if Claygate wins it's category we will win a share of the £100,000 that is to be shared among the nine category winners. Winners will also win expert training from Google’s digital taskforce for shops, cafes and restaurants and a trip to Twitter UK’s London office to further boost social media skills.
Each category winner will be decided via a public vote (50%) and a judges visit (50%).
The competition offers Claygate a great chance to raise the profile of our businesses and The Parade, boost footfall up to Christmas and if we win a share of the £100,000 allow us to work together in 2017 to further support The Parade.
How do people vote?
50% of the competition marks will come from an online vote. Anyone can vote for Claygate once a day, from now until 18 November.
The full steps to vote are below. It looks complicated but it is very easy and takes less than 30seconds.
1. Go to thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk
2. Check you are on the home page
3. Click on Vote for your winner
4. Scroll down to the 6th category – Parade of Shops
5. Click on the blue box VOTE NOW
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page
7. Click on the button labelled The Parade, Claygate, Surrey
8. Fill in an email address that you have in the E-mail box
9. Click on the Green Vote box
10. Wait a few seconds until your vote is confirmed
11. The above process takes no more than 30 seconds and you don’t need to complete any personal information
12. Go back to the home page and repeat for any other email addresses you might have
13. Do the same 24 hours later until 18 November
How can I help?
You can help by:
· If you own a business, promoting the online vote to customers (Do you have a database you could send the voting link to asking them to vote for Claygate? Can you share on social media?)
· Share the online vote with family and friends (Post to Facebook, twitter, send via email encouraging them to vote Claygate)
· Put up a poster in your business
· Share with any community groups you are involved with
If you have any other ideas please do share and/or ‘just do it’. The more votes we can deliver the better.
For further details please contact our entry co-ordinator, Gary State on 01372 463833